Thursday, May 13, 2010

How the Wong's do Mother's Day

...Well, by eating of course! Actually my Mother's Day started off with a really cool gift - Justin slept in until 9 AM! Whoopee! I never realized how much I would value my sleep after becoming a mother. That, and the ability to sit in a quiet room and read for more than five minutes. But I'll definitely take sleep anyday. So Mother's Day started off with a well-rested Mommy...a good thing for all involved.

We went to a brunch buffet at Astaria in San Mateo with my parents and Kevin. Little known fact about me: I am on a neverending quest for the perfect brunch buffet. Mother's Day is really just an excuse to try another one! Of course, I think I've just been spoiled by the Las Vegas buffets, but hey, we all need goals! Anyways, the food at Astaria was okay. The prime rib was really tender and the desserts were very nice, but the other food was pretty standard and nothing to write home about.

Justin had fun eating the fruit and carrot "noodles". (The kid is weird...he'll eat almost any food that is in the shape of a noodle...I think I need to drag out my mandoline to get him to eat more veggies.)



The kid is also turning into a ham. He was making friends with the waitstaff and generally anyone who walked near our table. He would cock his head and smile and act all cute. I'm waiting for his cuteness to be put to good use and get us something for free ;)




Then we celebrated with Jay's side with a dinner BBQ at our house. That was a lot of fun...I think we're getting better at throwing these parties because it didn't seem like as much work this time. But maybe it was because we made Jay's dad bring half of the meat. Jay barbequed up a storm and is in good form for the summer. Justin had a great time playing with his older cousins. He was following them all over the house and making them play with him. The kid was definitely tuckered out after running around all evening and hamming it up for the family.



All in all a good day all around. Mommyhood has definitely changed my life, but I wouldn't exchange it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment