Monday, June 28, 2010

A Little R&R

Oops, no pictures this time - just an update. It's been a while since I blogged. I guess we haven't been doing much that's noteworthy...just enjoying the summer! Justin's new favorite past time is watering the plants (using the spray nozzle on the hose of course!) so I had to go and buy him his first pair of Crocs. Weirdly enough, he LOVES wearing them. He was so excited to first put them on...I don't know if he likes the squishiness or the fact that his toes can air out. At any rate, it's a lot better than him getting his tennis shoes wet everyday!

June 24th was our wedding anniversary, so Jay and I celebrated by shipping Justin off to my parents for the weekend. This was the first time that we had left Justin for more than one night, so this was a treat! The highlight of our weekend was going to see Wicked at the Orpheum Theater. It was a great show! I must be one of the last people in the U.S. who hadn't seen it yet! (Well, me and Jay). Other than that, we spent the weekend doing exactly nothing and it was TERRIFIC! We slept in late, read the newspaper, watched tv, took naps...absolutely nothing. It was a treat to not have to worry about schedules and nap times and playdates...whew!

Of course, I totally missed Justin too, but he had a good time with my parents. They went to Happy Hollow where Justin got to ride the merry-go-round and pet the sheep. My parents were pretty pooped at the end of the weekend after chasing Justin around so much, but a fun weekend was had by all.

Back to the grind of the work week...but at least there's another long weekend coming up! I love summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment