Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Disneyland

We took Justin to Disneyland for the first time this weekend and we had a great time! I was a little nervous at first because I figured that he was either going to love it or be totally freaked out. Luckily it was the former, because I really wanted to go to Disneyland myself. We haven't been there in a long time and I've never seen the park decorated for the holidays. So we made the long trek down to SoCal on Friday night. Luckily Justin slept most of the way. He woke up when we arrived at the hotel and was quite tickled to see that we got a kids' suite. It was a regular hotel room with a separate kid's bedroom attached to it, completed with a kid sized table, and bunk beds with a ladder. Of course, he slept in the playpen, but he loved climbing up and down the ladder!

On Saturday we headed off to Disneyland. Justin was generally unimpressed until we took him over to Autopia and he figured out he could get into the cars...oh boy! He was so excited to drive the cars - he could hardly wait in line and then once the ride was over, he wanted to get right back on!



He also loved the Buzz Lightyear ride - we went on that one twice on Saturday! Jay and I really had to reset our expectations about what we could accomplish at Disneyland with a toddler. He and I are both used to waiting in long lines and going on as many rides as possible...not the case with a toddler. We made it to about three rides before it was time for lunch and a nap. But that was okay - we didn't mind taking it easy :)



We also saw the Christmas parade - Justin was mesmerized by it! He really liked watching the floats and characters go by. He even waved at a couple of them! I think this is when it hit me how magical this all was for him. As a parent, it was touching to see how much fun he was having.



The next day we went back on Autopia and then on Dumbo since the line was short. This was another of Justin's favorites - he liked keeping Dumbo high in the air and feeling the wind rush by.



Next was Small World. I liked it because it was all decorated for the holidays. Justin was not as impressed since it didn't go fast or anything. 



Same with the kiddie bumper cars at California Adventure...just not fast enough! Jay and I are already making deals with each other as to who is going to have to go on roller coasters with the kid when he gets older...




Justin also was not really interested in any of the characters, but he did make a beeline for the Cars...of course!




We even got a chance to see World of Color. Justin was pretty tired by then and mainly interested in the light-up necklace I got him :)


 Overall, it was a great trip! We had a lot of fun and made a lot of great memories. I believe we'll be regular visitors at Disneyland for the forseeable future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment