Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy March!

Oops! Has it been a whole month since I last blogged? It's been a pretty mellow month and I haven't taken many pictures since we don't have a camera with a fast enough shutter speed to capture our moving target of a toddler!

Justin has been at preschool for a whole month now and as far as I can tell has adjusted just fine. He asks for the teachers when he's at home and I get a big cheery "Goodbye!" when I drop him off in the mornings. From what the teachers tell me, he's doing better at waiting in line and just needs to work on sitting still (but what 2-year-old boy and most boys for that matter don't still need to work on that?). 

Aside from a head bump during recess (and ensuing phone call and incident report) a couple of weeks ago, Justin is doing just fine. He gets to do art everyday which he loves (especially since Mommy won't let him paint at home!) Here is the first piece of artwork I got to take home for him. Fellow parents tell me that the avalanche is just beginning...





We're pretty sure it's a moon, but we've had votes of quesedilla and empananda as well.

I guess the only challenge with preschool is that Justin is starting to drop his afternoon nap. We're not sure if it's because he's just too wound up on preschool days or if it's just a coincidence, but at any rate, no afternoon nap means it has to be made up somewhere...




At least this time he finished chewing his food before nodding off. 

I just re-registered him for the fall. Even though he'll be 3 in October, he'll be placed in the older 2's class. With California moving the kindergarten enrollment dates up, the preschool is moving their birthday cutoffs too (October 1 for his class). Oh well. I guess Justin is destined to be the oldest kid in his classes from now on. Coupled with the fact that he seems to be big for his age, maybe he has a chance of making the basketball team one day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment