It really is fascinating to watch your kid become an independant person. It blows my mind when Justin understands what we're saying, or follows our directions (I know, that won't last long), or tries to imitate us (I know, I know...Uncle Sean won't be allowed over much longer).
Lately Justin has been curious about our shoes. I think he knows he has to put on shoes to go outside. And well, there must be something interesting about big shoes. Every so often, if it's too quiet, I'll peek around the corner to see what Justin is doing and he'll be very seriously attempting to put on Jay's shoes. The kid is determined!
There's a slide at Mrs. Okano's house that Justin really likes too. Of course, he used to need help to go up and down the slide. Then he got coordinated enough to climb the stairs himself, but he couldn't quite get his feet out from under him at the top so that he could sit and slide down. Well, now I guess he's a big boy because he can do it all by himself!
We had a busy couple of days this past weekend. On Saturday, we went to visit Greg Kwan and baby Brooklyn (mama Stephanie was off on a much needed girls' trip, so papa Greg was on his own). Brooklyn is about nine months now I think and is crawling and pulling up. Justin was pretty interested in her...On one hand, he kept trying to give her toys and pat her head. On the other hand, I think he was getting a little jealous when Jay or I tried to play with Brooklyn. If Jay was holding Brooklyn up so she could stand, Justin would kind of look at them and then slowly start backing up into Brooklyn as if he was trying to push her out of the way with his butt. I guess it's good he didn't try to push her or anything. So it was a good playdate all around...it was good for Justin to be around other kids and start to learn the fine art of sharing...
Sorry, no pics of the playdate...I wish I had been able to get a video of Justin trying to edge Brooklyn out!
Sunday was the Red Egg and Ginger party for Justin's cousin Olivia. What a cutie she is! I didn't hear a peep out of her and there were so many people at the party wanting to hold her! It's always fun to catch up with family. So when family members couldn't get through to the throng around Olivia, Justin was happy to ham it up for them and regale them with his robust eating habits.
Of course, the true sign of a good party? A tuckered out kid in the car ride home...



No comments:
Post a Comment