Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ho'ike 2011

It's hard to believe that I've been dancing hula for 13 years now. *Gasp* I'm getting OLD! On Memorial Day Weekend, my Kumu Hula Kau'i Isa-Kahaku celebrated 25 years of teaching and her 15th ho'ike. It was at the Fox Theater in Redwood City. It's always a frenzied, yet fun event...trying to get costumes and props together, corral the little ones, convince the older ones to stop texting for one minute, remember all the last minute changes...but it always comes together into a beautiful show (or so my parents always tell me)! 


Jay brought Justin and both boys made it through the whole show! Jay said that Justin was pretty entranced throughout the show...maybe because it looked like one big TV show :) Before the show, I visited the boys at their table, but Justin looked at me warily...I think because I had my costume on and lots of makeup (well, I had makeup on, which is different enough!)


But fun was had by all and I was so relieved to sleep in the next day. I've been running myself ragged between hula and work and homelife...I fantasize about naps nowadays...maybe one day I'll be caught up on sleep!







No comments:

Post a Comment