Our friend Ron got married this past weekend in Sonoma so Jay and I took the opportunity to turn it into a mini-vacation/anniversary getaway. So off went Justin to my parents' house for the weekend. After dropping Justin off at preschool on Friday, we set forth to the North Bay and enjoyed adult conversation and the opportunity to eat WHATEVER WE WANTED!
Bone marrow appetizer at Morimoto's
Lunch bento "box" That's stewed pork belly on the bottom left.
Recreating our perfect lunch from when we were on our honeymoon in France - French bread, prosciutto, Brie cheese, and pate. We sat on the patio at OxBox Public Market and pretended we were in the South of France again.
Our friends Chris and Danille enjoying a much needed weekend away from their boys
Our friends Terry and Sharon also enjoying a weekend away from the kids
It was great to hang out with our friends and not worrying about wrangling a toddler
I made a vow to eat one of everything from Bouchon Bakery in Yountville. I came pretty close!
Chocolate heaven!
My haul
Yes, I did eat lunch first before eating all that dessert
Enjoying the afternoon at the Mondavi Winery
I even got to carry a REAL purse, with no wipes, diapers, or dinosaurs inside!
A beautiful afternoon
The boys. Hard to believe they're all grown up! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment