For some sadistic reason, I follow Off the Grid on Facebook. Off the Grid is a group that organizes local food trucks at events all over San Francisco. So every time I see a post, I drool and regret not working in the city. So imagine how excited I was to hear that Off the Grid was finally coming to a Peninsula location - downtown San Mateo! Yum yum yum! I recruited all our local friends to meet up at this soft launch. There were about six trucks there, including Chairman Bao and Mama's Empanadas. Luckily the lines weren't too bad (not like some other failed events we've tried to go to). Lines were about 15 -20 people deep...about a 15 minute wait or so. But fun was had by all - even the little monster. I think he was more excited about the Caltrains roaring by behind us, but after a little convincing, he decided he liked the empanadas and proceeded to get it all over his face.
Photos are courtesy of my little bro, Kevin and his fancy camera. I was busy chasing Justin with a napkin and trying to keep him from eating food off the ground.
We'll be back San Mateo!
![]() |
| Baked bun with pork belly and pickled daikon from Chairman Bao. A bit pricey, but SO good. I do believe pork belly is my new favorite food! |









No comments:
Post a Comment