Okay, I am not-so-secretly tickled that Justin seems to really enjoy baking. I guess since Justin is a spitting image of Jay, it's nice to know that I've instilled my genetic love of sweets in him too...hehe!
It started with him being fascinated with watching me crack eggs - must be a boy thing. He's actually pretty good at it if I hold his hands and we use a separate bowl to crack into. Now I'm finding myself looking for recipes that use more than one egg!
He also enjoys measuring out all the ingredients and seeing what's next on the recipe. It's also been good for teaching him how we always watch our hands before and after cooking and how we don't wipe our noses with our hands during :)
My dad took the video below of Justin helping to bake brownies at my parents' house. Please don't feel obligated to watch all three minutes :) And yes, he is wearing a Home Depot kids' apron...does that make it a manly activity?
No comments:
Post a Comment