Christmas weekend was craziness, but I love the holidays and Justin was so excited to open presents and play with all his cousins. Christmas Eve we spent at my parents' house with my uncle's family from Antioch. When it was finally time to open presents, Justin actually paused and did a double-take since we had been telling him for weeks not to touch the presents. Once the kid got going though, the living room was a battlefield of wrapping paper and ribbons! Dinosaurs and Cars 2 were the theme this year. All I know is that I need to brush up on all the names of the Cars. I've got most of my dinosaurs down, but now on to Cars! Yikes!
We hosted Christmas Day at our house for Jay's side of the family. We must have had over 30 people at our house and even though it's a new, big house, it was still a tight squeeze! But as long as the food was good and plentiful and the wine/beer were flowing, no one seemed to mind. I never seem to get any pics of the festivities when it's at our house. Mainly because it's controlled chaos...between checking on the rib roast, getting the food plated and served, and making sure Justin isn't getting into trouble. Luckily Justin is old enough now to entertain himself, and luckily Justin's older cousins are nice enough to play with him. We had a spirited white elephant exchange that was lots of fun. Except for the fact that several white elephant gifts seem to have been "conveniently" left behind by their recipients (you know who you are, owner of the purse-shaped cookie jar!) So if any of you need a good white elephant gift for next year, let me know...I've got plenty!
It was a great Christmas all around. Justin was full of excitement and wonder and it was just so much fun for us to watch. Santa didn't visit our house this year since Justin is still a bit young to know who he is. But I think we need to gear ourselves up to host the jolly old guy next year!
![]() |
| My mom's tree. It's much prettier than my tree. |
![]() |
| My grandma's recipe for fried chicken made by my mom. I gotta learn this one day! |
![]() |
| Justin took this pic with Uncle Kevin's fancy camera |
![]() |
| Waiting for present time to start |
![]() |
| Finally getting to tear into his first gift! |
![]() |
| My Uncle's family...and Justin |
![]() |
| The cousins...and Justin |
![]() |
| My parents, Kevin, me, Jay...and Justin! |
![]() |
| Inspecting his gift... |










No comments:
Post a Comment