We made a point this past weekend to make it on time to the monthly Home Depot Kids Workshop. Last month we went later in the morning and they had run out of kits! Justin was so disappointed that day that I made a mental note to get there earlier this month.
Home Depot did not disappoint! This month's activity was a race car. As Jay was helping Justin pound nails and squirt glue, an older man walked by and joked, "Aren't you a little old for this workshop?" Home Depot had set up a racing ramp too and as I sat and watched Justin, I could see several grown men glancing wistfully at the kids playing. I bet a lot of guys there wished they could build one and race them too! :)
I must admit that this is great marketing by Home Depot. As I sat there watching Justin, I was racking my brain to think if there was anything we needed to pick up while we were there. Plus, you gotta admit, you think more kindly upon a company that will provide a free weekend activity for your kid! :)

That's so cool! Can we join you on the next one? :)
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute with your baby belly! Big congrats, by the way. I am not on facebook anymore so I haven't been able to message you. Great pics on the blog - and great job keeping up with everything! Hope you are feeling well. Wish you guys would make a trip out here to visit...
ReplyDelete