Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Camping

The things we do for our kids...those who know me know that I do NOT like camping. I fail to see the allure of dirt, bugs, and questionnable bathrooms. Yes, I am like a princess that way and not ashamed to admit it.

So Jay roped me into going camping overnight at the Pinnacles by promising me unlimited s'mores and flushing toilets, and plus, didn't I want to be a part of Justin's very first camping trip?? Admittedly, Justin had a GREAT time. As for me, I survived with nary a bug bite - an accomplishment in my book!

We were a bit spoiled too. We went with another family and another friend. The friend works at REI, so he can rent equipment for free. Our spacious tent was set up before we got there! And the other family loves to cook, so they did all the cooking! I admit I had it good ;)

The other family had an 8-year-old son, so Justin was so excited to have someone to play with. We went to the pool, roasted marshmellows, slept in a tent, went for a hike using headlamps...Justin was in seventh heaven :) PLUS, the men taught him how to pee in the woods...he thought this was SO great. As long as he doesn't try it in our backyard...

Justin immediately asked when we could go again...uh, next year?

 
Justin really wanted this book from the camp store. How do you deny a kid a book?
Proof that I was actually there camping
Roasting marshmallows was a HUGE hit
Our spacious accommodations
 
 
 
 
I believe this is his "super hero" pose.
 
 
 
 
Peeing in the woods.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment