Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February Round-Up

This month we celebrated Chinese New Year and I registered Justin for kindergarten in the fall (!) Justin's teacher gave him a copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which he's been reading during nap time...it's been crazy trying to keep up with his reading and figuring out what books are appropriate for him. I admit unabashedly that I'm a proud mama on Justin's reading skills. Now if we could just get him to stop talking out of turn at school...

Brandon is at the age where he just wants to do whatever Justin is doing. Luckily Justin doesn't mind so much right now and will oblige Brandon for the most part ;) Brandon's vocabulary is slowly building, but he still calls everything in one category by one word (i.e. "waffle" for any breakfast item; "apple" for any food; "agua" for anything to drink; "spoon" for any utensil)...it makes trying to figure out what he's asking for quite the challenge!

Here are some pics from this month!

Brandon wearing big boy clothes...Mommy finally put some jeans on the kid.

Brandon is wearing the same Chinese vest that Naih-naih bought for Justin when he was about the same age. It was a tight fit, so this is the only year he can wear it!


Cousins

With Naih-naih and Yeh-yeh (Brandon is eating a fortune cookie)

Great grandchildren with Tai-po

At the Williams Sonoma Junior Chef class, decorating Valentine's cookies


What a two-and-a-half hour nap looks like...jealous!

These boys and their boxes...

With the fluffy bean bag chairs I got on clearance...I had to get two of course!


A little fun at the park on President's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment