Monday, December 19, 2011

AGG Christmas and my Martha Stewart Moment

I often have Martha Stewart ambitions (who doesn't?) but seldom have the time/inclination to act on those impulses. Well, the holiday season got the better of me and I decided to build graham cracker "gingerbread houses" for my girlfriends' annual AGG Christmas get together. 

I built nine houses in total...after I muddled through the first one, the rest were actually fairly easy to assemble. It did take me all morning and early afternoon, several batches of royal icing, and Justin's entire stockpile of graham crackers from Costco to get everything ready though. I think that's why I only have these Martha Stewart moments once a year or so.

It turned out to be a lot of fun for everyone and wasn't as messy as I thought it would be. But maybe next year we'll stick to sugar cookies ;)

Ready for the kids!
The kids feasting on Christmas pizza

I managed to convince Justin not to eat any of the candies while decorating!
Let the creativity flow!
Mommy had to learn not to be so "Type A" and just let Justin do what he wanted :)

Justin's final masterpiece - it was HEAVY


Our annual AGG picture. We are of course missing Akiko who is in Bethesda and Yoriko who passed early this year, but we are AGG Forever :)








No comments:

Post a Comment