Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Nesting

Now that I've been on maternity leave for several weeks, I've gotten most of my big nesting to-dos accomplished...washed the baby clothes, bought diapers, sterilized bottles, etc. That got me through the first week and a half. Even with all the naps I've been taking, I still find myself twiddling my thumbs, wondering what to do next.

So I turned to baking and cooking all those foods that you never have time to make normally because of the time involved. Well, I've got nothing but time right now...I made a gallon of pasta sauce last week - yikes! That took me all day, between the prepping, sauteing, and simmering. Then I turned to yeast bread and made cinnamon rolls. I usually don't work with yeast since I never have time to let the dough rise once, let alone twice. But the house was filled with a great bread smell all day - yum!

Oops - let it rise too much while I napped!

Ready for the second rise!

All done baking! I couldn't make the frosting since I forgot I didn't have confectioner's sugar. Oh well, next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment